Privacy and what that means
- DonateNow facilitates the donation process on behalf of Registered NZ Charities and are 100% committed to protecting your privacy.
- We know that making a donation is a very personal thing to do therefore, as you would expect, we take every precaution with the way we capture and use your personal information.
- In this Policy when we talk about “DonateNow”, “we” “our” or “us” we mean DonateNow NZ Ltd, a New Zealand owned and registered Company.
- When we use the term “personal information” we mean information about an identifiable individual.
Usage Information Collected by our Website
In order to improve the value of our Website, the materials available on our Website and the Services we provide, DonateNow collects information about how you use our Website and Services.
Cookies and Tracking
- Cookies are small text files which are sent from a webserver to your browser and stored on your device.
- Any information cookies gather is solely for the purpose of developing our Services and improving them.
- Most browsers are set to accept cookies automatically. However, you can change your browser settings so you will be notified when cookies are being sent. That way you can decide whether to accept or decline cookies or exclude them altogether.
- If you do decide to decline cookies, you may not be able to make full use of some features of DonateNow.
Security of your Data
- We use industry best practice to archive and protect any personal information you have given us.
- Your data will be stored only on secure servers located only in New Zealand
- We protect your personal and payment information during transmission by using the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol, which encrypts your information when transmitted over the Internet.
Retention of your Data
Personal Information is only retained as long as is needed to provide the services. Once it’s no longer required by us, or required under law, it’s disposed of by secure destruction.
Credit and Debit Card Security
DonateNow does not directly handle or store any credit or debit card information. Online payments are processed via the Paystation payment portal and any payment details are encrypted and stored securely with Paystation.
When you use DonateNow to make a donation your personal information is collected and added to our database. Only authorised staff and/or our trusted third-party providers have any access to our database.
DonateNow will take all practical measures to ensure that any personal information you provide remains private and confidential at all times.
Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
To be able to provide our Services we do need to share information with the charity you have donated to, trusted third-party service providers and Inland Revenue.
Other Website Links
All communication between DonateNow and you is logged for security purposes. Telephone conversations between you and us may be recorded for training and audit purposes.
We may use the email address and/or phone number provided to contact you about our Services, and provide customer support.
Requests for Access and Correction to Your Personal Information
You are welcome to request access to, or correction of any of your personal information that we are holding. We will respond to you within 10 working days or otherwise in accordance with our obligations under the Privacy Act 1993.
Freephone: 0800 366 801