- What information we may collect about you;
- How we will use and store information we collect about you;
- When we may use your details to contact you;
- Whether we will disclose your details to anyone else;
- Your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us; and
Please note that New Zealand's Privacy Laws may differ from your home country's privacy laws.
The information we collect
We may collect personal information such as:
- Your name, contact details, date of birth; and
- If applicable, your payment details
How we collect information from you
We may collect personal information about you:
- Through you contacting us directly;
- Through you contacting us using a 'Contact Us' form;
- Through you making a donation using our website;
We automatically collect certain non-personally identifiable information when you visit our website (such as the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using, and the domain name of your internet service provider).
How we use this information
Any information that we collect from you will only be used for the purpose for which it was collected. Generally, this will be one or more of the following:
- In relation to any correspondence you have entered into with us;
- To process any applications, requests or donations made through the services we provide;
- To provide any services to you (where relevant);
- To provide receipts for donations made through the services we provide;
- To provide information regarding donations and/or their respective donors to our clients;
- For our own internal business purposes, including record keeping, reporting and improving/enhancing our services, activities and systems;
- To provide you with information about our and our clients’ activities or online content you have agreed to receive;
- To personalise the way our content is presented to you;
- For marketing purposes where you have specifically consented to receive marketing communications from us; and
- To use IP addresses to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use, to establish the number of visits from different countries;
We use non-personally identifiable information to analyse usage of our website (such as aggregated information on the pages visited by our users), which allows us to improve the design and content of our site.
Any data gathered will be shared, if appropriate, with any third parties who provide services to us or on our behalf.
Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
We will only contact you for marketing purposes where you have provided us with your consent to do so. You can opt out of receiving electronic marketing messages at any time by contacting us, or by using the unsubscribe facility contained in the relevant messages.
Sharing and disclosure of personal information
We may share your personal information with any of the following: other related entities, our professional advisors, legal tribunals and courts,
the charity to which a donation is made using our services, and any of our third party service providers (including web services and cloud storage/hosting providers)
where that disclosure is reasonably required to fulfil any purpose for which your personal information collected.
We may also disclose personal information where:
- We are required to do so by law;
- You have expressly consented to the disclosure, or the consent may be reasonably inferred from the circumstances; or
- We are otherwise permitted to do so under Privacy Laws.
For the purposes set out above we may transfer personal information to parties located in other countries (some of which may not have an equivalent level of data protection laws as those in New Zealand).
Before transferring any personal information to an overseas recipient, we take steps that are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure the overseas recipient complies with the principles contained
in New Zealand Privacy Laws or is bound by a substantially similar privacy scheme unless you consent to the disclosure, or it is otherwise required or permitted by law.
Security of information
We hold personal information in accordance with Privacy Laws.
We are committed to keeping personal information secure. We will use all reasonable precautions to protect personal information from misuse, interference, and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification, or disclosure.
We cannot guarantee the privacy of personal information that you transmit over the internet or that may be collectable in transit by others.
How you can access or correct your personal information
You have a right to request access to, and correction of, personal information we hold about you. To make a request, you can contact us at the details in the 'Contact Us' section below. Your request will be dealt with in accordance with Privacy Laws.
The accuracy of the information we hold about you is important. Please advise us if your personal information changes to help in ensuring that the information we hold is up to date, complete and relevant.
Collection of information by others
Our website contains links to other sites, and you should consult the other sites' privacy notices. Their information practices may be different than ours and we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties. We cannot accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of third party websites and your use of those websites is at your own risk.
What happens if you don’t provide us with your information?
If we ask you for information and you decide not to supply it, we may not be able to provide some or all of our services or process receipts, applications or enquiries.
Retention of information
Personal Information is only retained as long as is needed to provide the services. Once it is no longer required by us, or required under law, it is disposed of by secure destruction.
Cookies are small text files on your device. They are made by your web-browser when you visit a website. Every time you go back to that website, your browser will send the cookie file back to our website's server.
Other cookies and authentication tokens may be used to help us tailor services or to deliver information to you that may be more relevant or interesting to you. We may use automated devices and applications to evaluate usage of our website. We use these tools to help us improve our website's performance and user experiences.
If you choose to disable or block cookies, parts of our website may not function as intended, or at all. Cookies can be disabled or blocked through your browser settings.
If you decide that we should no longer hold any of your personal information, or wish to change the use to which any such information can be put,
Freephone: 0800 366 801